Versione Italianaenglish version

Extra Virgin Olive Oil Olivart

Condividi su facebookScarica e stampa

Capacity and Product Code:

bottle 250 ml pc. A-121
bottle 500 ml cd. A-102
bottle 750 ml pc. A-101
bottle 1000 ml square pc. A-109
bottle 1000 ml square pc. A-106
can 1000 ml pc. 1031
can 3000 ml pc. A-103
can 5000 ml pc. A-105

Cardboard box: containing 6 or 12 bottles, for the cans boxes containing 2, or 4 or 6.

The extra virgin olive oil “Olivart” is our best extra virgin oil. It comes from olive groves all situated in the Sabine Hills. The harvesting is done in a partially mechanized manner by means of hand-held olive picking machines and nets. The olives gathered are then stored in small perforated crates which allow for good ventilation. The small crates are then immerged one by one under fresh running water in order to eliminate dust debris and residue from harvesting. This operation is extremely important especially as in this way the olives maintain their freshness and fragrance until the moment of milling. Once these operations have been carried out, the olives are then taken to the mill to be pressed. This is a very delicate phase, as if the right precautions are not taken, all of our harvesting efforts will have been in vain. To begin with, every component of the mill, which will be in contact with the fruit before pressing, is washed thoroughly using abundant hot water; not forgetting those that will then come into contact with the oil produced. Temperatures for carrying out this process have to be rigorously inferior to 27° C. Having reached this point, the fruit which is still fresh and fragrant is poured with care into the circuit of the mill. After about an hour our oil begins to flow out; only 5 to 6 hours have past since the olives were picked from the tree but an entire year of care and attention has passed.
Variety of olive:
Leccino, Frantoio and Carboncella for 80%; Salviana, Pendolino, Rosciola and Livastrino for the remaining 20%.

The extra virgin olive “Olivart” is then stored away from harmful light and air, in oxygen-free stainless steel tanks and under inert gas. Before being stored the oil is filtered trough special cotton filters. This operation is carried out as soon as the olive oil runs out of the mill, this serves to separate it from the impurities which could in the long run damage the produce. 

Before bottling, the oil is filtered yet again through special cotton filters in order to guarantee a perfect conservation of the product. The bottles used are of a special dark glass which will protect the oil from harmful light, in this way preserving quality. The bottles are taken from their original wrappers only at the moment of filling, they are then blown with special alimentary nitrogen, filled and capped. Once capped they are labelled and packed by hand. Although the whole process is carried out on a homemade basis, our company respects and applies every health and hygiene measure required for this activity.

In order to achieve an optimal conservation the oil must be kept in a cool, dry atmosphere and must not be exposed to the rays of the sun. Under these conditions the product will remain well preserved even after opening.

The taste:
Our sense of smell picks up the perfume of freshly pressed olives, to the palate smooth and delicate, it has an extremely balanced flavour with just right note of sweetness, and sharp sour after taste. Recommended for all kinds of dishes above all to dress either cooked or raw vegetables. Thanks to its delicate flavour it is particularly suitable for fish dishes.